Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cheesy Garlic Spinach Stuffed Potato

I mistakenly thought I had broccoli in the freezer, so I ended up coming up with this way to incorporate something green into a meatless meal based on a baked potato. 

Ready for final run through microwave to melt cheese.

What I did:  Microwaved a large russet potato packaged for that purpose.  Cut cooked potato in half, scooped all the meat out of the potato skin and combined it in a small bowl with some butter, salt and pepper, minced garlic, and about a half box of frozen spinach (thawed and cooked in the microwave first).  I then restuffed the potato halves and put them back in the microwave for 1 minute.  To finish, I topped with sharp cheddar and microwaved for 1 minute more.

This is very filling and I could only eat one half of it at a time.  That makes this not much more than about a dollar per serving, factoring in that the potato was bought half price and allowing for if I'd had to buy the spinach I already had on hand.

Hint:  I think the garlic is what makes this really good.  Unless you just hate garlic, don't make this without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment